Pages

Saturday, April 13, 2013

Doing Ombré the Easy Way

Ok some of you might be asking…how do I do this ombré  trend without looking like a slave to the next new trend? Others might be saying...why are people letting their roots grow out so much???  Whatever your view, here is a quick post on Ombré : how to say it,  what it is and how to include it into your fashion repertoire!

How do I say it?
Ombré (not to be confused with ombre, a card game) is pronounced "ohm - bray"… now say it casually with a flick of your hair like you regularly use this term in conversations at the water cooler.   There, that’s fabulosity at its finest ;)

What is it?
Ombré is anything that goes from light to dark in graduating shades, and this trend is hitting the streets like a storm.  Canada is generally a smidgen behind on these types of things so I'm guessing this trend will likely last well into summer.

How to wear?
Hair - Ombré Hair is all the rage and your instagram/pinterest/instyle magazine will give you plenty of ways on how to do it.   One way is to go to a trendy salon and get this look done.  They will dye your hair in graduated tones so you end up with a look where the color goes from darker to lighter.  If you are brave enough, you can also DIY at home - there are tons of youtube tutorials on doing this look yourself.  I've also read of some people using Sun In (remember that product?) to lighten their ends the low maintenance way and produce this look gradually. The easiest way?  Just let your roots grow out!  I have leftover light ends from a sunny trip in December, so I figure if I let my roots grow I can rock a subtle version of the ombré hair trend.  How it will turn out, who knows but I have never been one to shy away from a fashion experiment!

Nails - Here is an easy, non-committal way to try this trend!  This can be done in a few ways, ombré  on each nail (this is a bit trickier and will require a lot of patience) or a different shade on each nail so your whole hand has a monochromatic ombré look.  Sephora has the cutest little nail packs (can be found here) with teeny ombré colors so you don’t have to go out and buy a whole bunch of random fullsize colors!



Clothes - This is the easiest and most non-committal way to wear ombré! For my crafty ladies, you can even DIY a dip-dye look.  For all my Bollywood Beautistas, I also threw in a picture of some Manish Malhotra saris because he sure does love his ombré!






No comments:

Post a Comment